I know some of you may wonder why I called this the appetizer. Without this there is no main course. Jesus is the beginning of this awesome experience, and what an awesome experience it is. Without Him, I AM NOTHING. With Him, I AM EVERYTHING. I am saved, sealed, and delivered. This it is the three course meal. I am His, He has placed His seal of approval upon me and I will be safely delivered into His very presence.
- Someday, everyone must to meet God. Hebrews 9:26-28 – For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
- God has one requirement to enter into eternal life. John 3:3 – Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- Sin is a problem that God hates and it has to be dealt with. Habakkuk 1:13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?
- Because God loves the sinner, something had to be done. John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- God has set the terms and they are nonnegotiable. Acts 4:12 – Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. John 14:6 – Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Acts 16:30-31 – 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
a. All must die.
b. Are you ready for that day?
c. When you stand before God, will you be stained by your own sin or will you be clean because of the blood of Jesus Christ,
d. Will you respond to His call now? –